Frequently Asked Questions
How do pre-orders work?
When you pre-order a product from us, you are charged full payment. You are guaranteed a copy, which will be shipped to you as soon as it arrives in our warehouse. The publisher sets the estimated delivery date, which is subject to change.
The pre-order is non-binding, and you can request a 98% refund at any time. Please note that the remaining 2% serves as a handling fee to cover administrative expenses related to the pre-order.
Some of our products are exclusive and come in low quantities, so pre-ordering is beneficial if you want to secure a copy on release day. There is also money to be saved as the price on release day will usually increase by 10-25%
If you add pre-orders and in-stock products to the same order, we ship it together when the pre-order arrives. If there are multiple pre-orders on the same order, we will wait until all pre-orders have arrived before sending your order.
Suppose you want to order pre-orders and in-stock products but want the in-stock products to be shipped immediately. In that case, you can create two separate orders.
What is a "Kickstarter" game?
Kickstarter games are games that have been funded through funding sites like Kickstarter and Gamefound.
Kickstarter games are special for 2 reasons:
1. They might never reach normal distribution so the only way to get a copy is to either fund the original project or buy it from someone who did.
2. Kickstarter games often have more or higher quality content to encourage people to fund the project. Kickstarter games will therefore often be of greater quality than those you can buy through retail.
Oaken Vault helps many kickstarter games reach funding. As a reward, we get to sell those games to you, so that you can get your hands on a special copy even if you were too late to back the project. You also don’t have to take the risk of paying for something that has yet to be produced, we take that risk so that you don’t have to.
If there is a kickstarter game that you want you can always contact us at Info@oakenvault.com so we can try to get it for you.
What is your return policy?
We have a 100-day return policy, which means you have 100 days after receiving your item to request a return.
We have chosen a 100-day return policy to provide the best service for our customers. You don’t have to worry about buying gifts as the recipient will always have plenty of time to return the product.
Where is Oaken Vault located?
Oaken Vault is located in Denmark but we have partnerships with many different companies spread across the globe so we consider ourselves an international company
How do you choose your products?
We carefully choose all our products as we want to make sure that everything we sell lives up to our standards. We do this by testing products and watching/reading reviews. BoardGameGeek score is one of the metrics that we look at before adding a
new game to our store.
We also take advise from our customers so if you think our store is missing a product please reach out to us at Info@oakenvault.com.
If you bought one of our products and it did not live up to your expectations we also encourage you to contact us so we can consider if the product should remain in our store.